Sunday 14 September 2008

Truffle Filled Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes



I baked these cupcakes on a dreary Sunday afternoon in September for Glynn's birthday. When I saw this recipe on the Waitrose website, it looked so good that I knew I had to make it, swapping the brandy for juicy raspberries, because red fruits + chocolate = win. 

After creating the cupcake mixture, I divided half of it among the cases, and then made a cavity in the centre of each one, into which I spooned some chocolate and raspberry truffle cream. The rest of the mixture was then spooned on top, sandwiching in the raspberry chocolate goo. Whilst the cupcakes baked in the oven, they filled my flat with a decadent and cosy chocolatey fug, and twenty minutes later, they came out moist and rich. Each cupcake was topped with chocolate ganache, which to my delight remained glossy and mirror-like even after it had set. The most fun was had at the end, when the cakes received a glorious confectionary baptism of milk chocolate swirls, and were crowned with a plump, fresh raspberry. I got to use my new star-shaped silicone muffin cases for the first time, and they were fabulous. 

I think that accompanied by a decent cup of hot, freshly brewed coffee, they went down rather well.


0 comments: